It is now less than a week till Thanksgiving and your fridge is starting to fill up. We have covered just about every fall favorite at-home beauty treatment but there are still a few foods in your fridge you haven’t use.
A recent study named sweet potatoes as one of the most important food secrets for beautiful skin. The beta carotene in the sweet potato can aid in a smoother complexion and reduction of fine lines within 10 weeks.
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of potassium, riboflavin, folic acid and vitamins A, C, and B6. With all these antioxidants, sweet potatoes are effective skin protectors.
You can even use the water leftover from boiling your sweet potatoes as a soak to relieve joint pain and arthritis.
While you can eat your sweet potatoes on turkey day, you can also apply this amazing sweet potato mask before your guests arive:
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon beer (the hops in beer are known to have a relaxing, cleansing effect on the skin)
- Peel and cube the sweet potato and boil it for 10 minutes (don’t forget to save that water for a nice joint relaxing treatment later), drain
- Smash the boiled potato then add the beer and mix well
- Apply a thick layer to your face and neck for 20 minutes
- Rinse with warm water and apply your moisturizer
Got any sweet potato beauty treatments? Let us know……